16 July: one-day workshop on how everyone can incorporate accessibility into their work.
Read time: 40 seconds
On 16 July 2019, Dr Scott Hollier (Centre for Accessibility) and Vithya Vijayakumare (VisAbility) will be holding a one-day workshop on escaping the accessibility island:
- hands-on practical exercise of using a screen reader
- overview of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and how it applies across a variety of roles
- overview on how to make documents accessible
- how to perform visual checks on web content and use automated tools
- Provider: VisAbility in partnership with the Centre for Accessibility
- Target audience: designed for a a variety of roles including policy officers, information and communications technology (ICT) professionals, content producers, marketing staff and communication specialists
- Cost: $499 - morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch is provided
- When: 16 July 2019, 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Location: Minda inc. South Australian Learning Centre, 12 King George Avenue, North Brighton, SA 5048
This workshop aligns with Australian Government’s Digital Service Standard and South Australian Government's Online Accessibility Policy.