South Australia's approach to online accessibility.
SA Government nominated for the United Nations Public Service Awards 2021 for our approach to online accessibility.
The approach aligning with:
- South Australian Disability Inclusion Act 2018
- State Disability Inclusion Plan 2019 to 2023
- Agency reporting requirements through their Disability Access and Inclusion Plans (DAIPs).
The nomination, supported by representatives from Vision Australia, Royal Society for the Blind (SA) and Blind Citizens Australia (SA) also highlights the:
- Community co-design development of the Online Accessibility Policy and Toolkit (accessibility.sa.gov.au).
- The way website accessibility is managed through the the SAGOV Website Design System (designsystem.sa.gov.au), making online accessibility standards achievable and managed more effectively across multiple agencies.
- Importance of ensuring people with disability have the leading role in shaping policies and creating programs which influence their lives.
- When: United Nations Public Service Day, 23 June 2021
- Event details: publicadministration.un.org/en/UNPSA
Congratulations and good luck to all nominees.