Read time: 45 seconds
Make your written information easier to understand for everyone.
- Dorota is the Chief Executive of an Australian Government department. Dorota is time-poor and needs to grasp information quickly. Dorota doesn't have time to read complex documents, reports or policies.
- Kala has a learning disability. Kala needs to be able to understand information about their university admission. People with learning disability need access to all types of information. Not just disability-specific information.
- Areeb is not fluent in English. Easy read helps Areeb understand important information about a community event.
- Kris has dyslexia. Kris finds the structure of easy read helps to process information.
Steps to take
- Read our introductory guide to easy read. Discover the broad benefits and links to best practice resources.
- Use our guide to plain language as an ongoing reference.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
Last update: 1 October 2019, first published.