Read time: 50 seconds
As we build government services, we need to make sure our content is easier to read and welcoming for everyone.
- Explore the impact and benefits for everyone. Watch the web accessibility perspectives video series from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
How to use your guide
- Follow the steps on each page. They aren't designed to be a list of everything you need to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). But they will cover some of the key things you need to know or do.
- Use the Australian Government Content Guide as an ongoing reference. Learn how to structure content, write in plain English and create accessible content
- Complete the interactive online accessibility training modules from the New South Wales Department of Education. They are free. Each module takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Use Google Chrome web browser to access the lessons. Other options include courses listed in our training and development section.
- Join the community - get or give advice and support.
Page last updated 15 May 2019